February 2, 2016Podcast
Ep. 26 – How To Hire The Best Talent For Your Dental Practice (Advice From a “Dental Titan”)
It’s one thing to know how to use a sickle probe. But knowing how to make your practice profitable is another.
And to be profitable year after year, you’ll need to adapt to certain changes:
- Modern dental equipment
- New technology
- Relevant marketing strategies
But there’s one part that doesn’t change:
To run a stellar dental practice, you need a good staff.
And if you’re wondering what it takes to have a good staff, there’s no better person to turn to than Sandy Pardue.
Sandy is the senior consultant at Classic Practice Resources, a key contributor to DentalTown, and director of the Spice Up Your Practice training events.
If you’re looking to grow your staff soon, you’ll appreciate the bonus. It’s Sandy’s employment application that will help you identify the best fit for the role. Get that here.
Here are a few things you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- The mistake that will get potential clients going to see other dentists instead of coming to see you (and how to avoid it)
- What job title to avoid to prevent confusion in responsibilities (especially with larger age gaps)
- The four parts you need to fill in your front office (and what personality traits to look for when hiring for them)
- A key characteristic to pay attention to during interviews (that may cause problems if overlooked)
- The difference between an interview and an outerview
- What to do before, during, and after an interview to find the best candidates for the job (and maybe even get new clients out of it)
- The staffing ratio formula to make sure your business runs smoothly
- Why block scheduling can be a costly mistake
- How The Hawthorne Effect can be applied to your practice to make it more efficient
- Red flags when buying a practice (and the first thing you’ll want to do as a new owner)
- How to tell when someone’s not doing their job
- The key metrics to maintain a high performing office
Free Episode Bonus:
If you want to improve the quality of your hires, this bonus will come in hand.
Sandy has provided an employment application to help you find the qualities you’re looking for, rather than relying on a resume that only shows you what they want you to see.
- “Nothing in your practice is more important than time.” – Sandy Pardue
Support The Show:
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this show wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give me an honest rating and review in iTunes.
This allows me to evolve the show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.