February 14, 2016Podcast
Ep. 27 – Leveling Up: From Six Figure Dental Practice to Seven Figure Powerhouse with Dr. Mark Costes
Owning a business can be one of the most rewarding experiences in life.
But along the journey come the not-so-fun moments: the failures.
It’s easy to have a meltdown when the going gets tough. But those who push through the challenges reap the greatest rewards.
That’s why Dr. Mark Costes’ story is so inspiring.
It’s hard enough to bounce back from a failure or two. Now imagine bouncing back from several (twenty-one to be exact).
That’s the number of dental schools Dr. Costes applied to (and was rejected by) before finally getting accepted.
But that’s all he needed to become one of the most respected icons in our industry.
He is now an international speaker and best-selling author, founder of the Dental Success Summit, and host of two amazing podcasts (Six Figure Side Gig and Dentalpreneur).
So whether you’re going through some challenges, or looking to level up, you’ll appreciate the valuable lessons Dr. Costes shares with us on this episode.
If you were inspired by Dr. Costes’ journey, you’ll love today’s bonus. It’s a copy of his international best-selling book Pillars of Dental Success, along with his signature keynote video on Cracking the Top 1%. Get that here.
Here are a few things you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- The 3 ways to know if you’re ready to run your own dental practice (and why being able to understand numbers isn’t as crucial as most dentists think)
- What to look for in a demographics report to find the best location to open a practice (and two mistakes that many overlook)
- The techniques used to take a practice from $240,000 to $1 million in a year and a half (on more than one occasion)
- The mindset behind breaking old habits that limit you (and replacing them with habits that will help you grow and increase your profit)
- How the 80/20 rule applies to your practice (to get you the results you want)
- What the Alien Abduction Manual is (and why it’s so important in systemizing your business)
- The different ways that you can improve your practice without spending a ton of money
- What to do if you’re fresh out of dental school to start preparing yourself to open your own practice (and gain the edge over your competition)
- How failure and perseverance is an essential (and challenging) part of the journey
- The difference between a Healer and an Entrepreneur
- A unique view on wealth (which motivated Dr. Costes’ to open multiple practices despite being criticized by his mentor)
Free Episode Bonus:
I’m super grateful that Dr. Costes was willing to provide our Ambitious Dentist community with two truly remarkable resources.
As a bonus for today, you can download a free copy of his international best-selling book Pillars of Dental Success, along with his signature keynote video Cracking the Top 1%.
- “The wealthier you become, the more people you can help.” – Dr. Costes
We’re excited to be launching the Ambitious Dentist MasterMind.
This is for you if:
- You want to grow your dental practice (and know that the power of the group is the fastest way to get results)
- You’re looking for a group you can rely on to help you grow your mindset, business, and practice (without competition and being worried about someone local stealing your ideas)
- You have the “investment mindset” and know that by investing in yourself and your business you’ll get faster results that last
- You know that feedback from peers at a similar (or higher) level than you and your business is critical to growth
It isn’t for everyone, it’s only going to be open for enrollment for a limited time, and we’re only allowing 6 people in AFTER the application, vetting process, and interview so that we can guarantee synergy in the group.
To find out more and if it’s for you, go here:
Support The Show:
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this should wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give me an honest rating and review in iTunes.
This allows me to evolve the show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.