November 29, 2016Podcast
Episode 59: Giving Back – The Power of Community And Purpose With Trent McCord
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I know, I’m still recovering from all the delicious food I had.
In addition to spending time with family and friends, I hope you were able to pause for just a few moments and celebrate everything you have to be grateful for.
Okay. Okay. Enough emotional holiday mumbo jumbo.
Today I’m excited to share my conversation with Dr. Trent McCord. He is the founder of Mint Dental Care in Centerton Arkansas.
What he has been able to accomplish with his practice in just under a year is nothing short of remarkable. You’ll definitely want to hear what he says.
In keeping with the the holiday theme, I especially enjoyed this episode because we talk in depth about giving back to the community as well as living a purpose driven life.
If you like today’s show, you’ll definitely love access to Trent’s viral post, A Dope Does A Startup Get that here.
Here are a few things you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- How a simple post Trent made on DentalTown took off.
- Trent’s journey from dental school to practice ownership
- The biggest mistake Trent made when starting out (and how to avoid it.)
- How to overcome your fears of building your practice.
- Trent’s 3 tips to improve your hiring.
- Why you should ALWAYS double check your hiring references.
- What drives Trent to build a thriving dental practice.
- How Trent stopped being a “people pleaser” and you can too.
- Why “luck” plays such a large role in your practice success (and how to increase it.)
- Trent’s biggest piece of advice for new practice owners.
- How to choose the right location for your practice (it matters more than you might think.)
- Trent’s five your vision for his practice.
- Why delegating can make or break your business.
Free Episode Bonus:
If you loved today’s episode, you’ll really get a lot out of Trent’s viral post, A Dope Does A Startup.
Pay close attention to the dozens of thoughtful comments left by practice owners just like you. The power of community can make all the difference.
- “That’s part of our vision, to be a part of the community, and give back. It’s so important.” – Trent McCord
Support The Show:
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this show wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give the show an honest rating and review in iTunes.
This allows me to evolve the show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.