January 3, 2019Podcast
Episode 108: Lessons From Growing Multiple Dental Practices With Dr. Hunter Smith
Hey Ambitious Dentists!
Happy New Year! I hope you a wonderful 2018 and even better 2019!
First off, I want to say thank you to all of you who reached out about our latest SYDP podcast episode with Kiera Dent. I always enjoy hearing about the key takeaways our listeners gain from the show.
After the minor SYDP hiatus in 2018, it’s great to be back behind the mic and getting to share my conversations with our incredible guests.
One of the best parts about running the SYDP podcast is that we’ve been fortunate enough to have some truly high performing dentists and dental practice owners on podcast, and the lessons they share can often help to take your dental practice to the next level.
Today I’m excited to share my conversation with Dr. Hunter Smith, a fellow Arkansas native, and former guest on the show. Dr. Hunter is a legend on Dental Town and in other dental circles and has seen some incredible success buying multiple dental practices right out of school.
Given we last spoke with him a year or two ago, I invited him back on the show to share what he’s been up to since our last conversation where he shares what he’s learned since we last spoke.
Here are a few things you’ll discover in today’s episode
- What Dr. Hunter has been up to since we last chatted, hint – it’s a lot.
- Why most dentists fail at the art of the followup and how to build the perfect followup system for your dental practice.
- What Dr. Hunter has learned from stepping away from the day to day of dentistry and the lessons he’s learned from growing his GPS dental group.
- The ins and outs of running a DSO.
- What makes an “effective” dentist and how to improve productivity at your own dental practice.
Lessons From Growing Multiple Dental Practices With Dr. Hunter Smith
“There are two kind of easy ways to do it. Increase your availability or two increase your procedure.” – Dr. Hunter Smith
About The Guest
Support The Show
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this show wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give the show an honest rating and review on iTunes.
This allows me to evolve the show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.