September 9, 2016Podcast
Episode 48: How To Start, Grow, & Maintain A Successful Dental Practice
Today’s show features a pioneer in dentistry and to dental podcasters.
Dr. Alan Mead is the master behind Mead Family Dentistry and the widely known Dental Hacks Podcast.
Dr. Mead grew up around his dad’s dental practice and quickly found his passion in running a practice of his own at a young age.
Just like with any dental practice business, Dr. Mead has seen his fair share of ups, downs, and everything in between.
There’s something for you in this episode if you’ve been running a practice of your own, wanting to start one, or if you’re in the startup phase.
To access Dr. Alan Mead’s top 5 Dental Hacks episodes, go here.
Here are a few things you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- How Dr. Mead basically “stole” a practice from someone else
- What happens when you think you’re a terrible business person (and what to do to combat this)
- The mistakes you DON’T want to make when running your own practice
- The advantages of owning a “dive” practice
- What to do if you’re brand new, fresh out of dental school, and looking to start a practice
- The best skill you can have when opening up your first practice
- What to look for, demographics-wise, when opening up a practice in a new geolocation
- An event you need to attend, if you’re serious about dentistry, to meet some of the biggest names in the industry
Free Episode Bonus:
A special thanks to Dr. Mead for sticking around longer and providing incredible insights into his background in creating a successful dental practice and podcast.
As you know, there’s such a flood of information these days in dentistry, which is why I’m excited for you to dive into Dr. Alan Mead’s top 5 Dental Hacks episodes.
- “If you can not buy into the marketing of what a dental practice ‘should be’. You can save money in the bigger decisions.” – Dr. Alan Mead
- Mead Family Dentistry
- Dr. Mead’s Podcast
- Dr. Costes’ Podcast
- The Skeptics Guide To The Universe
- Muggle Cast
- David Mallolly’s Podcast
- Voices of Dentistry | Dentistry’s First Podcaster Summit (use code “START” for 20% off)
Support The Show:
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this should wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give the show an honest rating and review in iTunes.
This allows me to evolve the show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.