May 13, 2019Podcast
Episode 114: The Best Way To Save For Your Kid’s Higher Education As A Dental Practice Owner
Hey ambitious dentists,
We have a special treat for you today with a guest interview covering a topic I know is on a lot of our SYDP listener’s minds.
Saving for your kids higher education.
With college tuition rising with no signs of slowing down, and the US having over a trillion dollars in student loan debt, it can be a challenge knowing not only how much you should invest in the future of your children, but the most effective way to do so according to your situation.
Today I’m excited to sit down with Abby Chao co-founder of CollegeBacker.com a resource and service that helps any parent start investing in a tax-free 529 college saving plans in just minutes.
Even if you’re just out of a school and kids aren’t quite in the picture, it’s never too early to get ahead on planning for the future.
Here are a few things you’ll learn in today’s episode.
- Why starting a college fund now is so important and the easiest way to do so.
- The major benefits of a 529 college savings plan.
- A simple guideline to know how much to save.
- The future of higher education and what it may mean for your children.
- The difference between a 529 and a regular savings account.
- Why donations to a college fund are becoming one of the most popular graduation gifts.
And much more.
The Best Way To Save For Your Kid’s Higher Education As A Dental Practice Owner
“If you don’t know what a 529 plan is.. you’re not alone. Over 70% of parents have no idea what a 529 plan is.” -Abby Chao
About The Guest
Support The Show
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this show wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give the show an honest rating and review on iTunes.
This allows me to evolve the show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.