July 7, 2016Podcast
Episode 43: What Dental School Won’t Teach You About Your Finances With Dr. Tom Larkin
Owning a dental practice gives you the opportunity to make lots of money.
But just as dental school doesn’t teach you the business side of dentistry, it also leaves out the financial literacy aspect.
Building wealth will prove to be extremely difficult (even impossible) if you are financially illiterate.
On today’s show, we welcome back a very special guest, Dr. Tom Larkin.
Dr. Larkin, also known as The Renaissance Man in dentistry, joins us this time to share some instrumental information that can help shape your financial future.
Dr. Larkin is the clinical director for Ideal Practices. He is also the founder of OralWellnessCenter.org, which is doing some incredibly fascinating things as far as linking oral systemic health with dentistry. He is also an instructor at Louisville’s School of Dentistry.
If you learned a few things from today’s show, stick around to check out the bonus. It’s the Four Rock-Solid Financial Literacy Tips. Get that here.
Here are a few things you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- The surprising history of marketing in dentistry
- Four rock-solid financial literacy tips (follow these to set yourself up for long-term success)
- A little-known fact about mutual funds (if you overlook this truth, you’ll be leaving LOTS money on the table)
- A stock market rule to follow that could potentially multiply your money
- What you need to know about human nature and greed that is a key part to financial literacy
- How to increase your income simply by changing your mindset and habits
- A few subjects you should educate yourself on to increase your financial literacy
- A recommendation on how to work together with your significant other to build a solid financial foundation
Free Episode Bonus:
If you gained a lot of value out of today’s show, then you’re going to want to take advantage of the bonus I’ve prepared for you.
Owning a dental practice gives you the opportunity to make lots of money. But the principles you use to manage it is even more important than the amount that you make.
To help you take action right away, you can download Dr. Larkin’s Four Rock-Solid Financial Literacy Tips.
- “Financial illiteracy is the root of corporate dentistry.” -Dr. Larkin
Support The Show:
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this show wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give the show an honest rating and review in iTunes.
This allows me to evolve the show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.
Dr. Larkin’s Four Rock-Solid Financial Literacy Tipsget bonus