December 17, 2016Podcast
Episode 61: Why You Need A Strategic Plan With John Cotton
One of my favorite quotes by Benjamin Franklin is when he says “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
And yet.. Time and time again, when I talk with owners who are struggling to grow their practice, it almost always comes back to a lack of a proper plan.
While I’m a huge fan of taking action (it’s essential), a solid strategic plan can make all the difference especially when acquiring a practice.
Today I’m excited to share my conversation with John Cotton, Founder of Dental Team Performance. He’s helped hundreds of new and veteran practice owners alike create and execute their strategic plan.
We dive deep into the what makes a strategic plan so powerful and why you need one regardless of whether you’re just starting out or looking to grow.
If you like today’s show, you’ll love Chapter 4 of John’s new book “How To Grow Your Dental Practice In The New Economy.” He shares his best insights on case acceptance to completion. Get that here.
Here are a few things you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- The Importance Of Team Accountability And How To Implement It In Your Practice.
- Why You Need A Strategic Plan Even If You’re 95 years old.
- The “10K Mistake” You Might Be Making
- Why You Need A Strategic Plan Even If You “Don’t Have Time
- The Perfect Length For A Strategic Plan
- When To Strategic Plan When Acquiring A Practice
- How To Establish An Effective Employee Bonus System
- The Bottom Up Strategic Management Philosophy
- When To Outsource And When To Do It Yourself
- How To Define Effective Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- The “BAM” Method To Increase Team Morale
- How To Effectively Handle Raises With Your Team
Free Episode Bonus:
If you loved today’s episode, you’re going to love Chapter 4 of John’s book “How To Grow Your Dental Practice In The New Economy” which he has generously offered for today’s bonus. In chapter 4 he shares his best practices walking you through case acceptance to completion.
So make sure you check out Chapter 4 of his book.
- “You have to figure out how to get team buy in.” – John Cotton
Support The Show:
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this show wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give the show an honest rating and review in iTunes.
This allows me to evolve the show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.