December 12, 2016Start Your Dental Practice
Episode 60: Choosing The Right Location For Your Dental Practice With Scott McDonald
You can have the best staff in the world, deliver the best patient experience possible, and have the perfect marketing plan, and still struggle to grow your practice.
How? By choosing the wrong location.
Look, I get it. It’s not easy getting your location right when starting out. Properly understanding demographics is tough.
Fortunately, there’s a way to give yourself the best chance to succeed.
Today I’m excited to share my conversation with public speaker and ‘Dental Demographer’ Scott McDonald. He’s the founder of Scott McDonald Associates Doctor Demographics.
In our conversation we dive deep into the science of demographics and how they can make or break your practice. Even if you’re happy with where you’re at, I know you’ll get a ton out of our conversation.
If you enjoyed today’s show you’ll LOVE Scott’s 3 Step Process To Finding The Perfect Location For Your Practice Get that here.
Here are a few things you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- How To Identify An Outgoing Going CPA (Joke)
- What Most Dentists Get Wrong About Choosing Where To Start Their Practice (And What To Do Instead)
- The Most Common Myths Of Choosing The Right Location For Your Practice
- How To Determine If Demographics Are Viable For Your Practice
- Why Choosing A Location With A Lot Of Competition Can Help Skyrocket Your Business
- The Ideal Ratio Dentist / Population Ratio And When It Doesn’t Matter
- 3 Misleading Metrics That May Mislead You On Your Path To Practice Growth
- How To Plan The Future Of Your Practice Through Studying Demographics
- The Best And Worst Locations To Start Your Practice
- “The Pet Method” That Helps Build Rapport With Your Patients
- Why You Have To Do A Demographic Report When Starting Your Practice
- The One Thing That Makes A Dentist Location Viable
- How To Make The Most Of Your Demographic Report Data
Free Episode Bonus:
If you enjoyed today’s show, you’ll love Scott’s 3 Steps To Finding The Perfect Location Practice Video. It’s jam packed with super valuable insights on choosing the right location for your dental practice.
“It’s not the data that’s important, it’s what you do with that data that matters.” – Scott McDonald
- Scott McDonald Associates Doctor Demographics
- (800) 424-6222
- Scott loves doing podcasts! If you’d like to have him on your show send him a note!
Support The Show:
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this show wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give the show an honest rating and review in iTunes.
This allows me to evolve the show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.
Scott’s 3 Step Process To Finding The Perfect Location For Your Practiceget bonus