January 27, 2017Start Your Dental Practice
Episode 66: How To Create A Budget That Works
If we’re being honest, they don’t always have the reputation as the most “fun” topics in the world of dentistry. But a solid budget can make all the difference in keeping the lights on at the end of the day.
The good news is, budgeting is a skill can that be learned, regardless of what stage your practice is in today.
The more you budget, the better you get. The better you get, the more time you can use to focus on the things that will take your practice to the next level. Who doesn’t like a little more time?
In today’s solo episode, I’ll be exploring one of the most requested topics from SYDP listeners and my DentistMetrics clients.
Don’t worry, I won’t bore you with useless stats or random formulas, but instead, I’ll share my perspective on the pros and cons of budgeting and some suggestions I’ve found to work.
If you loved today’s episode, you’ll enjoy my Budgeting Example Spreadsheet that will help you get a better understanding of how to create a budget that works. Click Here To Check Out The Examples
Here are a few things you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- The Biggest Mistakes Dentists Make When Budgeting And What To Do Instead.
- 3 Questions You Should Answer Before Starting Your Budget
- How “Over Budgeting” Can Actually Hurt Your Practice
- Why You Should View Budgeting As A Tool Rather An Annoyance
- The Types of Budgeting Needed For All Stages of Your Practice (Yes.. They Are Different)
- The Key Steps To Avoid “Waste” In Your Practice
- Why Budgeting Once A Year Is Not Remotely Enough
- The Budgeting Formula If You’re Just Getting Started
- When To Know If You’re Spending Too Much Time On Budgeting
- How To Incorporate Education Into Your Budget..
Free Episode Bonus
Now’s the time to take action. Saying you want to get better at budgeting is one thing. Actually making the time to make that happen is a totally different story.
For today’s episode, I’ve created a free Budge Example Spreadsheet — that will help you get a better understanding of what a successful budget entails and exactly what you need to do to make it work for you.
- “You want to spend money to make more money.” – Jonathan VanHorn
Support The Show:
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this show wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give the show an honest rating and review in iTunes.
This allows me to evolve the show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.
Budget Examples Templateget bonus