February 3, 2017Start Your Dental Practice
Episode 67: How To Buy A Dental Practice With Hunter Smith
There comes a time in the life of every dental practice when one practice just isn’t
Which brings you to the next logical step — expansion.
Maybe acquiring your first (or yet another) practice has been on the top of your goals for 2017. Or maybe you’re not quite there yet.
Regardless, knowing how to navigate the often turbulent waters of practice acquisition is an important skill to build a thriving practice now and for many years to come.
Today I’m excited to share my conversation with Hunter Smith owner of the Southern Dental Group.
What he’s been able to do at the young age of 28 is nothing short of amazing.
You may remember him from episode 38 of Dentist Metrics where he talked about his process on how he was able to acquire 5 practices.
In the short time since we’ve last talked, he’s acquired yet another practice and has positioned himself to continue to invest in his future while sharing what he’s learned along the way.
Even if you’re not “ready” to acquire a practice yet , I know you’ll get a ton out of our conversation .
Learn Everything You Need To Know About Buying Your First Practice At The Dental Ownership Summit Learn More Here.
Here are a few things you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- When You Should Consider Acquire A Practice And When Not Too
- How Hunter Is Able To Acquire A Practice Nearly Every Quarter
- Why Acquiring Your First Practice Is Harder Than Expanding Further
- The “Double Effort Myth” When It Comes To Acquiring A New Practice
- The Chicken Before The Egg Mistake And How To Avoid It
- The New Practice Mindset and How To Develop It
- How To Handle Staff Transition During The Acquisition Process.
- The Leadership Factor When Buying A New Practice
- How To Be Confident During Chaos And Demonstrate Leadership To Your Team
Free Episode Bonus:
Want to learn more about dental ownership? You’ll love the upcoming Dental Ownership Summit February 16th and 17th in San Antonio, where some of the best in the dental industry share what they know to take your practice to the next level. You’ll learn virtually everything you need to know about how to buy a practice successfully.
I personally know many of the attendees and speakers and know you’ll get a ton of value out of the event. Texas is always wonderful this time a year as well so you’ll get the best of both worlds.
- “Buying your first practice is always the hardest step. But can make all the difference.” – Hunter Smith
- Dental Ownership Summit (February 16th and 17th In San Antonio Texas)
Support The Show:
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this should wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give the show an honest rating and review in iTunes.
This allows me to evolve the show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.
Learn More About The Dental Ownership Summit (Feb 16-17th)get bonus