October 24, 2016Start Your Dental Practice
Episode 54: Turning Stress Into Dental Success With Jen Butler
Is stress controlling your life?
Chances are if you’re listening to this, you’re more than familiar with the stresses of everyday life.
Student loans. Family obligations. Personal issues. Overcoming barriers with your practice. The list goes on and on.
It’s tough. On top of that, running a successful dental practice is hard. It demands your best 24/7 and then some.
And at times, you may feel like giving up. According to recent statistics 1 in every 5 Americans consider themselves “extremely stressed,” and that’s of the general population. Not practice owners like yourself.
The good news is, you’re not alone. Having talked to hundreds of practice owners, it’s something each and everyone one of us deals with on a daily basis.
The even better news is that you don’t have to let stress run your life. It’s entirely possible to change your relationship with stress and be insanely productive and happy.
It’s possible to build a business and life on your terms.
Today I’m excited to chat with Jen Butler, founder of Jen Butler partners — A stress management and resiliency training firm. She’s helped hundreds of dentist owners improve their relationship with stress and take control of their businesses and lives.
If you like today’s show, you’ll love Jen’s “10 Ways To Be Less Stressed” guide. She’ll share some of the best ways to reduce stress and get more done. Get that here.
Here are a few things you’ll learn…
- 3 Common stress triggers and how to overcome them.
- The “B word” that might be hurting your practice.
- Why your problems are more common than you think.
- 5 Things all successful practices have.
- Common limiting beliefs that are holding you back.
- The science of stress and why it’s so important.
- How to improve your “adaptability.”
- The best way to feed your mindset on a routine basis.
- Why you won’t always be “On” and why that’s okay.
- The power of the “unconscious mind” and how it affects you.
- Why the brain is built to focus on the negative and how to overcome it.
- The difference between “knowing” and “thinking and why it matters.
Free Episode Bonus:
Enjoyed today’s conversation with Jen Butler? Than you’ll love the free bonus she’s prepared for you.
Jen has put together a free guide, “10 Ways To Be Less Stressed.” I’m definitely going to be trying some of these suggestions out, and I know you’ll get a lot out of it as well.
“Dentistry isn’t easy. So you have to be passionate to succeed.” – Jen Butler
- 3 Myths Dentists Believe That Hold Them Back From Success (Blog post)
- Jen Butler Partners (Her website)
- Connect On Twitter
- Jen’s Personal Cell Phone Number – 623-776-6715
Support The Show:
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this show wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give the show an honest rating and review in iTunes.
This allows me to evolve the show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.
10 Ways To Be Less Stressed by Jen Butlerget bonus