January 6, 2016Podcast
Ep. 23 – How To Build A Highly Efficient Practice with Dr. Gina Dorfman
When chaos strikes in your dental practice, what happens?
For most dentists, that means:
- flustered assistants and hygienist
- stress on you from having to tend to demand instead of working on growing your dental practice
- And worse, frustrated patients who may never return
Your team plays a huge role in your practice – second only to where your dental practice is located.
That means that by having a method to find, recruit, and keep high-quality people you earn an unfair advantage at growing your business.
If you’re struggling to find the right people (and you want to set your dental practice up for success), then meet Dr. Gina Dorfman.
Dr. Dorfman is a dental practice owner and a practicing dentist.
Dr. Dorfman is also one of the founders of YAPI, a practice automation software designed to help dental practices become more efficient and productive with streamlined routine business tasks and improved team and patient communications.
She’s here today to help you streamline your business.
Click here to access today’s bonus from Dr. Dorfman (exclusively for Start Your Dental Practice listeners) called, “Best Practices For Appointment Confirmations: Scheduling for patients so they actually keep their appointments”
Here are a few things you’ll discover in today’s episode:
- The most important thing to growing a successful practice (second to location)
- How to hire amazing employees (and the psychology you need to have to find and keep great people)
- The advantage to asking weird questions in the hiring process (and the single question that identifies true leaders in a group interview)
- The advantages (and disadvantages) of being a dental practice owner
- How teamwork can lead to disaster (and what to do if you want your team to be a well-oiled machine)
- The two types of procedures in any dental practice (and how to perfectly automate this one type)
- The “front desk octopus”
- Why your existing patients aren’t rebooking with your practice (this could add tens of thousands of dollars to your bottom line each year)
- Why most practices miss 40% of incoming phone calls
- A simple thing you can do to recoup past-due accounts
- The most important thing you can do (especially if you’re just starting a practice from scratch and never owned a business before)
Free Episode Bonus:
If this episode resonated with you for your practice – then get the free resource Dr. Dorfman just mentioned, called “Best Practices For Appointment Confirmations: Scheduling for patients so they actually keep their appointments”.
- “People support what they help create.” – Dr. Gina Dorfman
- “It’s terribly inefficient to do something very efficiently that doesn’t need to be done at all.” – Dr. Gina Dorfman
- “Humans leverage technology to be more efficient and profitable.” – Dr. Gina Dorfman
- “Create your own economy.” – Dr. Gina Dorfman
- YAPI – Dr. Dorfman’s Site & Software (go there for a free consultation)
- Contact Dr. Dorfman via email
- Dental Town
- Dr. David Maloley’s Podcast (Previous guest. Episode here.)
Support The Show:
Without you, Ambitious Dentists, this should wouldn’t exist.
If you enjoyed today’s episode, please go here to give me an honest rating and review in iTunes.
This allows me to evolve that show as it goes on, and also helps spread the word to other podcast listeners since iTunes promotes shows with active engagement.